Saturday, January 05, 2008

Oaxaca Street Scenes

I just returned from a two week stint in the United States and I ate my way through the holidays. Back in Oaxaca now, 5 pounds heavier no doubt, and I thought I would post some pictures of art I stumbled across while strolling around the city.

I first noticed this couple while sitting in the bar across the street from the gallery in which they are housed. At night these two sculptures are lit very eerily and look quite menacing. These pictures are taken during the daylight hours so you will have to come visit me and sit in the bar across the street at night to get the full effect.













I was walking down a side street the other day and encountered this particular wall (I believe someone told me it is an artist's house) with some really excellent graffiti. Enjoy!






















No comments: