Saturday, January 19, 2008

I am with child!

Well technically only in the photo below but I did decide to sponsor a child through the Centro de Esperanza Infantil. I was so busy rescuing a dog this week and spending ridiculous amounts of money to get her spayed (even though it turns out she was already spayed, oops) that I felt guilty about only volunteering at the Centro and not actually helping by sponsoring a needy child. If I can spend money on a dog I can certainly spend money to help a child go to school!

So meet my goddaughter (that is what they call the sponsored children at the Centro, not my choice of terminology) Lorena Patricia or just Pati for short! She is 5 and really cute! The last of 11 children in an obviously very fertile family. If you are interested in sponsoring a child let me know and I can tell you more about the process. Now when people ask me if I'm going to have children someday I can say I already have a child!



Between the dog and the child I'm now officially broke for the month.

No comments: