Monday, September 17, 2007

Decapitation or close to it...



I was walking down the Alcala today, one of the main tourist thoroughfares, passing by a museum, when I looked over and saw this striking image. I'm standing on the street taking this picture through an open stone portal to the museum. Click on the photo to make it larger. Pretty cool is it not?

Update: This sculpture is in the Museo de Arte Contemporaneo de Oaxaca and is by Javier Marin. There is an accent over the "i" in his name but I haven't yet figured out how to do accents in blogger. I went to the museum today to get a closer look and I'm really fascinated by this artist. So much so in fact that I went surfing the web to find out how much his sculptures cost on the market. Apparently they cost more than a graduate student can afford to spend on art. Anyway, I encourage you all to check out his website and some of his work, it is really amazing.